A professional guide will take you on a memorable and enlightening +/-70 minute tour of FNB Stadium, the iconic and globally renowned 94 000-seater stadium formerly known as Soccer City.
What Does the Tour Include?
- A not-to-be-missed visit to areas otherwise not accessible to the general public, scale models of the Nasrec precinct and video viewings in a cinema-style auditorium about the design, architecture and construction of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa ™ host venue.
- You’re then transported back in time to the journey made by thousands of foreign and local visitors during the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa ™.
- Making your tour a tad more surreal is the visit to the pitch level, players tunnel, change rooms, warm-up areas and mixed zone areas graced by football and rugby’s biggest superstars.
- The journey continues through to the VVIP/VIP areas, suites and private suites where the biggest names in sports administration and politics and international celebrities were entertaining and socialising during these mega events.
- The tour ends with a visit to the operations centre, upper concourses, upper seated level and ramps leading to the Stadium restaurant. These state of the art facilities will leave you breathless and is a must see for any visitor.
There are various photo and video opportunities allowed at different locations on the tour. Individual viewing and unguided tours are however not allowed.
Please note: stadium tours have been rearranged and all tours will be conducted on Thursdays only!
SMSA strives to make your Tour experience a memorable one and is therefore open to customising guided tours for your specific wants and needs. SMSA will accommodate requests for an extended Tour duration, additional photo and video opportunities, private functions and catering ranging from snacks and braais to fine dining.
Types of Tours
Looking for something to do with your group? We provide the perfect experience for groups of all sizes and ages. All tours can be tailored to your specific group needs.
We welcome schools, youth clubs and coach operators on our stadium tours, allowing students the opportunity to witness first hand where their heroes prepare and play.
The public can enjoy a guided tour of the stadiums with friends and family. These tours provide a personal touch, giving the opportunity to ask plenty of questions of the tour guide.
- All tours are subject to booking and confirmation
- Tours are conducted Thursdays only between 9am and 16:00
- Tours times are: 09:00; 10:30; 12:00; 13:30 and 15:00
- Telephone bookings please note the office is open Mon-Fri 08:00-16:30
- Walk-ins available subject to availability
- All tours began and end at gate C
- No tours of the stadium on days with scheduled events. For security reasons and or during event preparations certain areas or even the whole stadium may be closed and therefore not open for viewing
- Visitors are advised to arrive 15 minutes before the tour commence. If visitors are late for the tour we will endeavour to move them onto the next available slot
- All tours are subject to change, cancellation and alterations sometimes at short notice. Every effort will be made to contact the tour reference holder
- Refunds are not given at any circumstances, however changes to the tour dates and times can be arranged, changes will incur no extra cost
- Personal property is the responsibility of the owner. SMSA accepts no liability for any loss or damage to such property
- We have facilities to welcome disabled visitors and we recommend a call in advance to make additional arrangements necessary
- Visitors are not permitted on the pitch at any time