13 March 2014
Stadium Management SA (SMSA) together with the Johannesburg Metro Police have initiated more stringent measures to regulate parking management systems at the FNB Stadium for the upcoming derby clash between Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs on Saturday, 15 March.
Fans who are attending the match are cautioned that there will be NO GENERAL PUBLIC PARKING inside the stadium precinct and offending vehicles will be towed away. Strictly NO PARKING TICKETS will be sold on site on the day of the match; illegal (pavement) parking will be regulated by JMPD and stadium security.
Due to historical traffic congestion at the Stadium; SMSA urges fans to ARRIVE EARLY, gates open at 11h30. We strongly advise the use of public transportation, a vast number of transport systems in place for the event include Rea Vaya, Metrorail, mini bus shuttle services and taxis. Strict road closures will be in operation in the stadium precinct from 9h00 and private vehicles without a parking ticket will not have access to the stadium.
Available Public Transport
Special event public transportation details:
- REA VAYA
– Rea Vaya will be operating its normal bus service every 5 minutes along its routes between Ellis Park & Thokoza Park (T1), Library Gardens East & Noordgesig (T3), to the FNB stadium.
– Costs are R13 for a single trip card and R25 for a return trip card – cards will be sold at all Rea Vaya Stations. Normal smart cards can be used for the service.
– Metrorail train services – R20 (return)
– Free safe and secure parking is available to ticketholders at most of the stations along the route
– Visit : www.stadiummanagment.co.za for the detailed train schedule, click on “DERBY”
- TOP 6 TAXIS
– One way taxi fares is R10 and return fares cost R12
– Taxis depart from the Johannesburg CBD and various routes in Soweto
– Pick-up and drop off points will be at the stadium transport hub
- KTK MINI BUS SHUTTLES
– A mini-bus shuttle service will be running from the Gautrain – Park Station (CBD), every 30 minutes.
– Return trip at R50
– Pick up times start from 12:08 and the last shuttle is at 14:08
Outer perimeter road closures at the following intersections:
- Soweto Highway and Mentz Street
- Soweto Highway and N1 South
- N17 and Nasrec road
- Crownwood road and Booysens Reserve road
- Crownwood road and Amethyst Road
- N1 North off-ramp and N17
- Rand Show road and Aerodrome road
- Nasrec and Adcock Ingram
- Nasrec and Rand Show road
- Rand Show road and Golden Highway
- Golden Highway and Stadium Avenue
Recommended Routes to Stadium
VIP & Hospitality
It is recommended that VIP and hospitality ticket holders approach the Stadium from the North via the N17 (Access off the N1 North), South via the Soweto Highway (Access off the N1 South) and from the East via Rand Show Road (Access off the N12 South).
To download the stadium precinct map and directional map please visit: www.stadiummanagement.co.za.
For daily transport information please follow: @OfficialSMSA.