27 July 2017
We wish to bring the urgent attention of members of the general public and, in particular, our valued soccer supporters countrywide, that the Commercial Branch of the South African Police Services and the Hawks are currently conducting an urgent criminal investigation into the illegal sale of match tickets for this coming Saturday’s 2017 Carling Black Label Cup at FNB Stadium™.
One need not dwell on the serious public safety (inc. stampeded risks) associated with the sale of fraudulent tickets for a match which was already sold-out 2 weeks ago. In this regard, we also wish to bring the public’s attention to the following:
- In terms of SA criminal law, both the sale and purchase of fraudulent, forged and uttered event tickets constitutes a criminal offence;
- Furthermore, the sale of complimentary tickets, per section 5 (2) of the Safety at Sports & Recreational Events Act, 2010, also constitutes a criminal offence.
- As the general spectator tickets for Saturday’s match are already sold out, anyone who is attempting to sell and purchase such tickets is doing so un-lawfully;
- If you (or a family member/friend) did not purchase your match ticket from an official Computicket or Shoprite–Checkers outlet – the chances are that your ticket has been un-lawfully obtained.
- The SAPS will be in attendance at Saturday’s match and, due to the serious public safety risks already referred to, will arrest any person who attempts to sell or use a fraudulent or un-lawfully obtained match ticket to gain entry to the match.
Thank you for your cooperation.