15 May 2018
Stadium Management South Africa [SMSA] would like to make known the following information, which pertains to the relevant protocols Uber has put in place with regards to the transport and security for the Nelson Mandela Centenary Cup – Mamelodi Sundowns vs Barcelona football game, scheduled to take place on Wednesday, 16 May 2018.
- All Uber drivers will approach the stadium via the various provincial roads.
- On arrival at the various road closures, they will be screened and ushered through in order to drop off and pick up the riders at the dedicated pick-up point at the transport hub.
- The pickup point will be marked on the Uber app.
- Once the driver has dropped off the passenger(s) they will then leave the transport hub via the same routes they entered through.
- Five Security Officers will be deployed by Uber on the day of the game by Uber’s Security Service Provider, Hi Risk.
- The security officers will be dressed in a black combat uniform with yellow reflective jackets, armed with batons and pepper spray.
- One Officer and a vehicle will be stationed at the pick-up point.
- One Officer at the end of the promenade bridge
- Two Officers on the promenade bridge
- One Officer at the beginning of the promenade bridge close to gate K.
Each security officer will do general patrols. If necessary, they will take appropriate action to remove loiterers as well as ensure no petty thefts or robberies occur with respect to both the Uber riders and the general public.
In addition they will also indicate where the pick-up point is situated.
The Uber officers will work in conjunction with the SAPS and report any suspicious characters to the voc.
Below is an image of the FNB Stadium Precinct which indicates where the Uber drop off and pick up point is, marked in the green block with the star.